🌹EPISODE 007 OF BEST GIRL GRIP HAS BLOOMED AND IT’S MARVELLOUS.🌹
— Nicole Davis (@stonecoledfox) February 26, 2019
Starting her career assisting directors and producing shorts in Australia, Emma returned to London where she worked for the BFI and Film London, as well as producing commercials, music videos and shorts, including Oysters which was commissioned as part of London Calling Plus in 2016.
Emma has previously taken part in the Edinburgh International Film Festival Talent Lab and the Mini Meet Market at DocFest, and was selected for this year’s Birds Eye View Filmonomics scheme. As well as producing her own projects she also works on film and drama projects for the Wellcome Trust, bringing writers, researchers and ideas together.
In this episode, we talk about producing her first feature, Mari, which premiered at the 2018 London Film Festival, the mantra she uses to keep things in perspective, how she overcame on-set obstacles, the differences between a producer and an exec producer credit and why you should send difficult emails before lunch!
- Follow Emma on Twitter!
- Writer & director Georgia Parris
- You should definitely watch Georgia’s short film Abandon, on Vimeo
- Boudica Films – financiers of female-led cinema, including Mari, The Falling, Iona
- Film London’s Microwave scheme
- Edinburgh Film Festival’s Talent Lab – opens for applications this month!
- The Wellcome Trust