🍿GET MUNCHING. EPISODE 5 OF BEST GIRL GRIP IS HERE 🍿
— Nicole Davis (@stonecoledfox) February 19, 2019
This week I spoke to Delphine Lievens, who I was introduced to via Grace Barber-Plentie, of episode two fame. Both Delphine and Grace worked at Altitude Film Distribution and now Delphine works in box office analytics.
We had a really lovely chat about a whole side of film I haven’t really touched on in the pod before, from data and how that can inform when a film is released, to trends in cinema and why a film might under-perform at the box office. Delphine speaks really eloquently and knowledgeably about the theatrical release landscape and it was a real insight and joy to sit down with her.
- Follow Delphine on Twitter!
- Delphine’s blog for the Independent Cinema Office, after participating in their FEDS training scheme.
- Gower Street Analytics
- Rent Dee Rees’ Pariah for just £2.49 on Google Play!
- Go and watch the charming Korean film Little Forest at the Barbican on 24 March, as part of their Chronic Youth Film Festival.
- The Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme
- The BFI Film Audience Network
- Lee Chang-dong’s Burning is still in UK cinemas, courtesy of Thunderbird Releasing.
- The New Black Film Collective
- There’s still time to catch MUBI’s Hong Sang-soo season.